- 3D images
- 3D printing
- Makerbot Mini
- McKamy Middle School
- Welcome to 3D Printing at POLSER Elementary
- 2D to 3D! - with free software
Welcome to 3D Printing at POLSER Elementary
- Texas start-up company out of Austin, Texas. News Article
- When it comes to 3D printers, size isn't an issue. A Chinese company called Winsun has used giant 3D printers to build ten houses in only a day! This technology is saving money, labor, and time, and has big implications for housing development. Are you ready to print your dream home of the future?
Dubai launches world's first "functional" 3D printed office building. 3D Printed Building Of 250 square meter structure, Comprises Of A Single Floor With All amenities was printed in 17 days and assembled in just two days. Goal behind the project, officials say, is to push the envelope on technological development, innovation and creativity. Machine responsible for printing out the office building is a massive warehouse size printer that stands at about 20-feet tall, 120 feet long and 40 feet wide. 3D printed office is the temporary home of the Dubai Future Foundation, the entity responsible for building yet another futuristic structure.
The 1st fully printed 3D car will be in the market April 2019 -
A new type of electric car will hit the market next year, and rather than the thousands of parts found on a Tesla, it will have less than 100 parts. The two-seater LSEV takes just three days to make, according to the car's manufacturer. The LSEV is produced by XEV Limited, a start-up firm from Hong Kong which has a design center in Italy and production bases in China. It will hit the Asian and European markets first. XEV Limited will start mass producing the car soon with the expectations that it will hit the market in April 2019 at a price of $10,000.
Plane parts: Boeing Instead of storing parts at their various hubs, or requiring parts to be shipped to them, possibly causing extensive delays, the company could just pull up a specific file for a part that’s needed, and have it fabricated within minutes or hours wherever they have a printer available.
Parts that are no longer available: When you have 100-year-old classic cars or modern, hand-built custom cars, how do you make spare parts? Watch Jay Leno and his Chief Engineer, Jim Hall, as they explain the process of 3D scanning to 3D printing from 3D Systems for end-use parts for Jay’s car collection.
- low-cost prosthetic parts - Lewisville ISD CCE / Stan Feighny and his students have made a hand for a student and a leg for a dog.
- 1st FDA approved drug shipped in 2016
- Joey and Zack build a 3D International Space Station to Scale at Briarhill Middle School in LISD