- 3D images
- 3D printing
- Makerbot Mini
- McKamy Middle School
- Welcome to 3D Printing at POLSER Elementary
- 2D to 3D! - with free software
McKamy Middle School
Trista Abernethy 7th and 8th grade math teacher at McKamy Middle School in Flower Mound partnered with:
- Library Media Specialist, Katie Cox
- Instructional Technology Facilitator, Merriam Wyne
- Emerging Technologies Specialist, Jody Rentfro
- Library Media Instructional Specialist, Leah Mann
- Secondary Math Curriculum Specialist, Jimmy Fuller
- Keep Flower Mound Beautiful (Community Connection)
- Moore Disposal (Business Connection)
How can math help me create a product that impacts the world around me? (Empathy for Design Thinking)
How do mathematical representations help us understand and define situations in the real world?
How does an understanding of proportionality help me solve different types of real world problems?
Students will be able to independently use their learning to…
Create a three-dimensional product by applying volume and surface area concepts including restraints and conditions to solve real world problems. (Demonstrated with: TinkerCad, 3D printing, 3D model from other materials, and draw a net)
Deliver an effective mathematical argument to convince others of quantitative findings.
Use mathematical understandings to impact the quality of life for all and make contributions to a greater society.
Solve problems in new and unfamiliar situations, determine reasonableness of solutions, and justify solutions.
Introduction to Design Thinking: Understanding Empathy, Creating a Presentation, the Creative Process
Documents (Please feel free to use these, but give attribution to Trista Abernethy for creation.Do not make a profit by selling these documents.)