- Code-a-pillar _Coyote Ridge Elementary_Pre-K
What are Ozobots?
Ozobotos are a 1 inch programmable robot that utilizes optical sensors to detect color patterns. The autonomous robot works on different surfaces which allows it to interface with apps on an iPad. It follows black, red, green, and blue paths that control its movement and speed in different directions. The goal of the Ozobot is to introduce kids to simple coding and, at the same time, teach skills such as deductive reasoning.
- will not work with iPad mini (must be used on at least a 9inch iPad)
- Ozobot app
Code options for the device- http://files.ozobot.com/stem-education/ozobot-ozocodes-reference.pdf
- Cool moves
Lessons for ozobot - http://portal.ozobot.com/lessons/type/lesson (some are vague and aligned to any standards)
These can be found at https://portal.ozobot.com/lessons
- Seigler @Homestead elementary used the book alignment activity for the Ozobot. (There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow. - lesson - https://portal.ozobot.com/lessons/detail/cold-lady
- Really nice - laminate it and have it for the future.
Classroom applications - http://portal.ozobot.com/lessons/type/classroom-application
The curriculum is aligned to common core, so the teachers would need to align it to the TEKS themselves.
So how much for a 1 inch robot?
A true class set is $1200.00
- Ozobot Washable Markers $6.00 from Ozobot (SEVERAL SETS)
- Evollve Ozobot Smart Robotic Game Piece - $52.00 from 5+ stores
Check with purchasing for the district approved vendor if you are using district funds.