- Introduction to course - syllabus
- Information Sheet
- Diagnostic Test - see what you remember from Spanish I and II
- Go over the test together as review
- Oral Reading Skills (begin) - This works on pronunciation and beyond
- HW: get syllabus signed and return signature page tomorrow
- Finish oral reading skills packet
- Begin Para Empezar (review chapter) - review p. 1, 2 La vida diaria de los jovenes
- p. 3 if time permits - review common irregular verbs (present tense)
- HW: study PE packet
- Continue with Para Empezar p. 3 Act. 3 - preguntas - tu vida diaria
- p. 4 Act. 4 - listen, read for detail
- WB p. 1 review Sp I concepts and vocabulary
- HW: jed-0001
- Brief review irregular "yo" form verbs
- Open note worksheet - irr. "yo" forms (grade #1)
- p. 5 stem changing verbs GPA WS (more common present tense verbs)
- Review vocabulary / oral questions
- HW: jed-0002
- Brief review of stem changing verbs and practice
- p. 7 reflexive verbs Act. 11, 12 - talk about daily routine (getting up, dressed, brushing teeth)
- WB p. 3
- Do jed-0003
- La Catrina video series - intro episode 1
- NOTE: Para Empezar Quiz #1 covers irregular present tense verbs, stem changing verbs and reflexive verbs. To review, make sure you do the 3 activities listed as HW from the phschool.com website
Week 10 Spanish III Regular
Begin Ch 4
Objectives: Be able to talk about friendship in Spanish. Know the good and bad qualities of a friend.
EQ: ¿Cómo es tu mejor amigo/a? ¿Cómo te llevas con los demás?
WU: Ch 3 Subjunctive information - work on conjugations and what the subjunctive is (Ch 3 packet)
1. A Ver si Recuerdas (review vocab and grammar)- Ch 4 p. 108-111 Act. 3, 4, 6, 7
2. GPA packet - related to direct / indirect object pronouns
3. Intro chapter and new vocab p. 112-117 Act. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (finish tomorrow)
HW: jed-o307 and study REGULAR subjunctive spelling for quiz tomorrow
Vocab Ch 4A - translate and study/ finish anything not finished
1. WU: Brief review of subjunctive
2. Quiz - regular subjunctive
3. 4A vocabulary - finish dialogues and Act. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
4. WB 3-3, 3-4 / WS Prueba 4-2 and go over activities
1. Act. 6, 7 and any vocabulary review activities.
2. Quiz - vocabulary 4A
3. Subjunctive with verbs of emotion - WS / practice activities
4. WS practice with subjunctive
5. Brief mention of por v para
HW: jed-0403 and study for quiz
1. Practice with subj. w/ verbs of emotion
3. Por v Para - GPA and practice activities
4. Colby website practice
HW: jed-o405 + WS p. 18, study for quiz
1. Review por v para
3. Begin vocabulary Ch 5B - read and translate + listening activities.
Week 2 of Ch 4
Objectives: Be able to talk about friendship, the qualities in your friends and how you work out conflicts.
EQ: ¿Cómo es tu major amigo/a? ¿Cuáles son las cualidades más importantes en un buen amigo?
1. Review vocabulary Ch 4A and listening practice
2. Read and translate dialogues Ch 4B
3. Listening Act. 22
4. FC - Telenovela and watch samples
HW: Study for vocab quiz / translate vocab 4B
1. WU: Act 25, 26, WB
2. WS Prueba 4-6 as review and go over
3. Quiz - vocab 4B
4. Nosotros commands (review subjunctive spelling)
4. speaking practice
HW: prepare for speaking test CH 4
1. WU: brief practice
2. Speaking Test Ch 4
3. Nosotros Commands - GPA and practice
4. Possessive Pronouns - GPA and practice?
5. Listening practice
6. Discuss schedule for Thursday and the test Friday
1. Practice with nosotros commands and possessive pronouns (in Ch 4 packet)
2. Read p. 186-187 and translate - write in Ch 4 guided translation.
3. Read p. 27-28 in CH 4 packet about La poesia...(know what a símil and a metáforo are in Spanish)
4. Writing practice - turn in (do on own)
5. Test prep - in Ch 4 packet - p. 33, 34
HW: Finish the Ch 4 packet and review and prepare for the listening / reading test Ch 4
1. WU: review
2. Listening and Reading Test Ch 4
3. La Catrina
- CH 5 (jobs)
Objective: Be able to talk about jobs and your skills.
EQ: ¿Qué trabajos has tenido?
1. WU: make a vocabulary list of unfamiliar words p. 200, 202 and go over vocab
2. Grammar p. 201-203 GPA packet present participle (-ing) and where to put the reflexive, direct and indirect object pronouns
3. p. 201, 203 Act. 2 & 6, WB p. 63, 64
4. Begin new vocabulary CH 5 p. 206 - students will read aloud and translate
HW: WS translate vocabulary CH 5A Sp - Eng... and study
1. Review vocabulary A ver si recuerdas
2. Review grammar - present participles and where to put pronouns
3. New vocabulary - Ch 5A = jobs and characteristics - read aloud and translate - do listening activities and WS Prueba 5-2
4. Watch video - present perfect and go over GPA handout on this grammar concept.
HW: study for vocabulary quiz - finish translation and do jed-0502
1. WB p. 66 and clip art as review
2. Quiz - Vocabulary 5-1
3. Practice with present perfect - WS and WB
4. Translate "El perro que lo ha hecho todo"
HW: study for quiz - jed-0503
1. Review present perfect
3. Go over how to do Pluperfect and practice - book / WB
4. Finish translation - El perro que...
5. Practice for the oral quiz "present perfect"
HW: Study for quiz - jed-0504 and prepare for oral questions
1. Review Pluperfect
3. Practice for oral quiz
4. Oral quiz
5. Watch video
Objective: Be able to talk about jobs and characteristics of good employees. Also talk about volunteering locations.
EQ: ¿Qué cualidades son necesarias para conseguir un trabajo? ¿Qué trabajos has tenido? ¿Has trabajado como voluntario? ¿Dónde?
- Review the present perfect and vocabulary
- Pluperfect (what you HAD done before you did something else)
- Vocabulary Ch 5B
- HW: translate vocabulary and study
- Practice vocabulary
- Quiz 5B vocab (with word bank)
- Present perfect subjunctive
HW: Work on present perfect subjunctive - WS / jed
- Present perfect subjunctive review
- Quiz Pres Perf Subj.
- Demonstrative adjectives and pronouns - GPA sheet
- Go over writing prompt for the writing test tomorrow
HW: Prepare for the writing test and work on Dem. Adj and pron
- WU: practice for the writing test
- Test - Ch 5 writing (business letter/cover letter)
- Demonstrative adj/pron practice
- Readiing passages
- MPQS review for test
HW: Last page of Ch 5 packet, review , jed-0511 LISTENING AND VOCAB/GRAMMAR TEST TOMORROW
- WU: Go over review and quick listening practice
- Test Ch 5
- La Catrina ep. 5
Week 14 Regular III
Objective: Ch 6 - Be able to talk about careers of the future and what your future will be like.
EQ: ¿Cómo será el futuro? ¿Qué harás en el futuro? ¿Qué habrás hecho dentro de 10 años?
1. A ver si recuerdas - vocabulary, saber v conocer / impersonal se
2. Go over new vocabulary "¿Qué nos traerá el futuro? p. 252-255
Act. 1, 2, 3
HW: vocabulary translation - WS
1. Ch 6A vocabulary - Act. 4, 5, FC p. 256-7 & WB
2. Introduce Future tense - video / GPA sheet together
HW: Translation WS - English - Spanish and study for quiz jed-0602
1. WS Prueba 6-2 as review
2. Quiz 6-1
3. Future Tense - Act. 11, & WB practice p. 260
4. Future of Probability p. 263 Act. 16
HW: Work on future tense - jed-0603 & 0604
1. Translation - El Clarividente
2. WS Future and Future of Probability 6-3 & 4 / partner act
3. Brief intro to vocabulary 6B
HW: WS Vocabulary 6B translation and study for future tense quiz
1. Review future tense review & listening activity
2. Quiz - future tense (and future of prob)
3. Vocabulary Ch 6B - translate and Act. 20 & 22
HW: study - quiz Monday over vocabulary Ch 6B
Week 15 - Spanish III Regular
1. Vocabulary review - p. 270 Act. 24, 25, FC (listening activity)
2. WB p. 84 & listening practice
3. Prueba 6-6 as review
4. Vocabulary quiz 6-5
5. Go over the Future perfect p. 273 / GPA sheet
HW: study for quiz - future perfect
1. Future and Future Perfect review - WS
2. Quiz - Future Perfect
3. Introduce double object pronouns - Direct and Indirect p. 275 / GPA sheet
4. Practice for writing test - A visit with a "clarividente" - what will your life be like in the future / the environment...
HW: prepare for the writing test - you will need to include examples of the future, future perfect as well as the ..., present and subjunctive.
1. TIme to review before writing test - 5 minutes
2. Take writing test - about future
3. Double object pronouns - p. 275 Act. 33 & Prueba 6-
4. Practice for speaking test - 3 questions about your future - you will have 20 seconds to respond to each.
HW: practice and review for speaking test
1. Read p. 278-9 architecture
2. practice for speaking test (immediately after lunch)
3. Speaking test
4. Read Rosa p. 284-6
HW: study for test
1. Review p. 290 & 280 / WB review page
2. Listening Test
3. Reading Test Ch 6
4. La Catrina ep. 9